Business Trip Packing Guide
A Capsule Wardrobe ie. a small selection of clothes that can be mixed and matched to make a large variety of outfits, usually around 15 pieces that can then be dressed up or down with the addition of accessories will give you plenty of options.
By clicking on the destination of your business trip you will find useful information on general packing including some business clothing tips. There you can also download packing lists for the country you are visiting.
There are cultural differences - for example:
- Business dress in Singapore tends to be a little more relaxed that in the UK because of the weather and jackets are not necessary or expected unless you are invited to a formal event.
- Italian men like to dress smartly for business and you will feel more comfortable in formal wear ie. jacket, trousers, shirts. Men often wear a tie for business.
- In most of Africa it would be appropriate for women to wear both trouser suits and skirts suits, provided skirts are below the knee. Go for a conservative look in subdued colours and avoid anything revealing.
- In Argentina if you are travelling for work, pack a trouser suit or knee length skirt suit. For guys pack a normal business suit, shirt and tie.
- And in Venezuela If you are travelling on business men should wear conservative dark business suits. Women should wear stylish suits or dresses with make up, jewellery and have a good manicure – it will be noticed here.
Need more information?
If you're still unsure about what to wear on a business trip, or when meeting people from another culture, then email us and we'll do our best to help.
For more information, email us with details about your trip or meeting - such where you're going, when, who you're meeting and any particular queries you have - and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
From Our Shop
Great products to pack for a Business Trip:See all shopping recommendations for a Business Trip >