What To Wear In Cyprus
To sum it up - light and easy
- The same applies in Cyprus as is the case pretty much throughout Mediterranean islands - our advice would be to travel light.
- All you need during the day for the pool or beach is swim wear, flip-flops, sunglasses, a sunhat and a sarong, kikoy or kaftan for lunch at a Taverna.
- The coastline is volcanic so, if you like to explore, diving shoes are a good idea to protect your feet.
- Have good comfortable shoes for walking in the Akamas as it's very hot and dusty and flip flops will not do.
- For the evenings again keep it light and simple - avoid anything too smart - Cyprus really is casual.
- It gets hot hot hot in the summer (June - September) so pack plenty of sun cream, a sunhat and sunglasses.
- From November - April temperatures average around 18 - 20 °C in the day and 8 - 10 °C at night. Layers are the key to coping with the variable temperatures - try a wrap which can be worn in many ways. Be sure to pack a lightweight raincoat, and an umbrella will come in handy too.
- Remember use your pashmina shawl to cover your shoulders when visiting churches and other religious sites.
From Our Shop
Great products to pack for a holiday in Cyprus:See all shopping recommendations for Cyprus >