Music Festival Packing Guide
A Capsule Wardrobe for music festivals
When packing for a music festival, minimal is best.
- First check the weather conditions to help you pack accordingly.
- It’s a good idea to pack dark coloured and patterned clothes, as they don’t show up the dirt and they can be mixed and matched so you have a variety of outfits.
- Avoid tight clothes - they’ll just be plain uncomfortable.
- Clever layering is the key to dressing for changeable weather - e.g. wear a vest, under a t-shirt, under a fleece, under a waterproof.
- Keep one full set of clothes dry - this may mean leaving them in your car but there is nothing worse than having to put damp clothes on the next morning.
- This is a great time to let your hair down and let your wacky side show. Coloured wigs, feathers & crazy outfits are all around.
- Pack your clothes in to a soft canvas or leather bag or rucksack, and don’t forget to line it with a plastic bin bag. It may seem crude, but will be invaluable if your bag gets wet, as it will keep everything inside bone dry.
- For a handy pack of toiletries and essentials to keep you comfortable, check out our festival survival kit which includes toothbrush and paste, lip balm, plasters, hand santiser, eye mask, waterproof poncho and more.
- Take a small day sack for carrying essentials away from your tent.
- Keep your electrical gadgets (camera, phone, iPad etc) fully charged using a solar powered charger. This one gadget will charge most devices anywhere at any time, and it also cuts down on the number of leads and adaptors you need to pack.
- And look after your mobile phone with a phone bunjee - this elasticated strap will secure it to your bag or pocket, so you don't need to worry about dropping it anywhere.
- Visit our Facebook page for pictures of what people are wearing
- Or watch our video below on what and how to pack:
From Our Shop
Great products to pack for Music Festivals:
See all shopping recommendations for Music Festivals >
Super-light trolley rucksack for maximum carry on luggage more >