What To Wear In San Francisco
To sum it up - Smart, comfortable and casual
- Smart casual is the key here with maybe a smart dress for a special restaurant.
- Be sure to take a shawl, light jacket or cardigan, as a cool wind can spring up suddenly. Ocean breezes can be cool and once the sun sets, the temperature can drop.
- If you planning a trip over to Alcatraz it can be cool on the boat crossing San Francisco Bay so pack a light weight jacket.
- Sun cream really is essential – the rays are a lot stronger than you realize.
- This is a hilly city and they say if you get tired you can lean against it, be sure to take comfortable walking shoes.
- Pack light as it's very easy to get clothes laundered and it will leave plenty of room for the great buys you'll find here.
- It's a good idea to dress in layers especially in the cooler winter season.
- Stay healthy on your trip - travellers' diarrhoea can affect as many as 50% of people travelling abroad. We've tried and recommend Bimuno Travel Aid pastilles to help support your digestive health. And WhatToWearOnHoliday readers can claim a great 10% discount using code WHBIMUA at the checkout.
From Our Shop
Great products to pack for a holiday in USA:See all shopping recommendations for USA >
We found you were right on with the advice; comfortable & casual ... the packing lists were a great help and meant we had lots of room for souvenirs. George, Ascot UK