Skiing Holiday Packing Guide
A Capsule Wardrobe for skiing
Pack a small selection of clothes that can be mixed and matched to make a large variety of outfits.
- Your choice of clothing for skiing depends on the age group, resort, and the accommodation.
- Five star resorts and hotels are full of fur coats and every label possible and not just on the sunglasses. Chanel skis with matching outfits are not unusual.
- For more casual resorts, the majority (if not all) of your clothes will be casual.
- Bum bag – needed to carry money, lip salve, camera etc through the mountains.
- Snow boots are a key item for Après ski but they are bulky, so wear when travelling to your resort rather than packing them.
- A warm coat to travel in and for Après Ski, you may want your Ski jacket to double up as your coat. You can now get coats with detachable linings.
- A ski hat/ beanie, warm scarf and ear muffs are a must and look great too.
- If you feel “puffy” type suits make you look like a Michelin man then go for the thinner ski fabrics. You don’t have to wear a quilt to keep warm.
- Ski Boots/ Skis/Poles if you have them great - but these 3 items are easy to hire.
By clicking on the destinations for your trip you will find more information including cultural expectations.
From Our Shop
Great products to pack for Skiing:See all shopping recommendations for Skiing >